Create a centralized calendar of events for your organization by defining single instance or regularly recurring events. Events have a location specified, can have custom attributes, and can have duties assigned to them for the purpose of rota management. Content for the events can be specified providing a centralized master copy of an events schedule.
- Define single instance events for one-off special events
- Describe regularly recurring events to automate routine event creation
- Assign event locations with Google Maps links
- Define the event organizer
- Detail which duties are required for each event and see who is currently assigned
- Plan the content for structured events by adding items, notes and attachments
- View the event list in programs like Outlook 2007, Sunbird or Google Calendar
Centrally define your organizational structure through a series of groups, separated if required by type or purpose. Groups might be defined for the purpose of assigning permissions, establishing a team of people who can fulfil a duty, or might exist solely to make use of the associated email@example.com email addresses.
- Centrally describe and manage your organizational structure
- Provide maillists to simplify email based one-many communications
- Supports delegated administration of groups to distribute and optimize admininstration costs
- Specify permissions of who can join a group or list its members in accordance with your security requirements or preferences
- Configure moderated joining for lists to further control who can be in a group
Duties can be created to describe a role and then associated with events. A team can be defined who can fulfil that duty, and a rota then authored to cover the assignment of that duty. The system can capture availability for the team and manage swaps with the help of "Get Swap" emails. User or duty specific rotas can be viewed within external digital calendaring programs such as Microsoft's Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Define duties for all the roles required to facilitate your events
- Detail which duties are required for which events
- Assign arbitrary users to fulfil the duty or select from an associated team
- Centralized swap management, including emails that highlight which team members might be able to help with the swap
- Availability tracking to avoid assigning duties to team members who are unavailable for a known reason
- View a customized calendar of assignments in programs like Outlook 2007, Sunbird or Google Calendar
A comprehensive database of songs exists for optional inclusion as items into the content of events. Full text search is possible, and song statistics are gathered to track how often each song is chosen. Integration with various presentation software packages also exists.
- Search for songs by keyword in the song title or in its contents
- Query what songs have been selected in a specific period at which events and by who
- Synchronize the songs database with a desktop using the Subversion revision control system for use with song presentation software
- Produce Song sheets for an event where song projection isn't an option